Long Division ist vorübergehend kostenlos im AppStore erhältlich.
Educational App Review (iear.org) gave the Long Division app their highest rating. Purpose, program functionality and overall educational value were all rated A.
The Long Division app can be used to teach and study the long division method. Solving long division problems is also excellent subtraction and times tables practice. The app is easy to use and it has an intuitive interface with customizable colors and other settings. The user can solve random division problems with small and large numbers.
This version of the app has a new feature that allows you to enter manually your own numbers to divide. You can also generate random problems as before.
The Long Division Method
In arithmetic, long division is the standard procedure suitable for dividing numbers. The method breaks down a division problem into a series of easier steps.
Easy to Use
The Long Division app allows the user to solve a long division problem step by step and animates all the steps. In the steps the user will divide, multiply or subtract. The correct answer will fly to the right place. If the user presses the wrong button the answer will appear above the keyboard but it will not move.
The App has the Following Settings:
– The dividend can have up to 5 digits
– The divisor can have 1 or 2 digits
– Remainders can be allowed or disallowed
– The dividend can have decimals
– The current operation for each step can be hidden
– The operands for the current operation can be highlighted
– There are 3 different themes: black, white and gold
– The speed of the animations can be set
– Numbers to divide can be generated randomly or entered manually